Diagnosis
12/2022
Country
US
State
WA
City
Auburn
My husband has a VERY hard time with excess phlegm. I have read all the post about suction machines but am curious what type and where you get them?

We have a DeVilbiss (battery backup) with 110 V an car adapter with travel case. It was "purchased via Medicare through the vendor who was contracted to provide my PALS with a Cough / Suction and BiPap Machines.

We had one we purchased but it was not as strong (suction wise) and failed about about 12 months, We have had the DeVilbiss for over a year and it failed after about 12 months - but they (the contractor) replaced it. * I think the model on this one is 7305 P-D. I am expecting this one to fail sometime in the future - but my guess is it will last for a few more months. *

Every time you see a *. that indicates I stopped and changed out a fold of about 3 or 4 tissues that are now soakedi in secretions. I type 20 words per minute,. * .

My PALS, even though on Musinex, Botox and some little white pill STILL has issues. My night help thought she was throughing up. That is how bad her oral secretions are! This period is usually limited from about 5 or 6 PM and on until I give her the little white pill Gycopyrrolate of 2 mg. I need to call the Doc up tomorrow and see if we can move her treatment date up. ~~ Well. it is now 12 plus hours later

SeaGunny,

I'm right there with your PALS with the tissues. I always have a supply with me at all times. I had my initial Botox injections in July which slowed the secretions for a little while but has stopped working. I have my next injections in October for a higher dose. Have you tried Atropine drops?

Shelman have you tried Mucenix and Atropine to dry up secretions? As far as the suction machine your neurologist or Pulmonologist can write an order for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back